Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 4:

Turns out that I made three presentations (the same subject, just to three different groups).

I'm learning my way around the metro system- it's actually quite straightforward and it can get you pretty much everywhere.

I have also learned that I should have brought better walking shoes. The pavement is often ever-so-slightly uneven, and this is somehow throwing off what my feet are used to.

Today was total geil- I sampled some doner kebab, which was absolutely delicious. Totally worth the possible ECEH exposure, in my opinion. I also mastered the trick behind opening a bottle with pretty much anything- it involves tapping on the bottle to build up pressure inside the bottle, and then a swift application of a lever pops the cap right off.

A cool party trick, most definitely.

I also learned that the locals have a different version of beer pong- it doesn't involve cups or ping-pong balls. Instead, they throw a plastic bottle at another plastic bottle (or another combination that won't shatter), and if they knock the bottle down, they race to drink as much of their beer as possible. The other team has to run to the knocked-over container, set it upright, and then return to their starting position, at which point the team who is currently drinking must stop. Turns alternate until all of one team is out of beer.

That explanation doesn't really do the game justice, and it's fun to watch how some people actually get better at throwing things when they're inebriated.

Man, I'm sleepy.

Interesting things are on tap for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment