Thursday, June 23, 2011

23 June 2011 (retroactive)

written on the 24th

I ended up falling asleep before I could write this one up.

Went shopping, got myself a fantastic deal on some basic clothing- super-comfortable shirts for about 5 euro, as well as a pair of 10 euro jeans (normally 25), and a pair of shoes (5 euro, normally 15) to replace my current boat shoes which have bitten the dust.

Later, we went to a karaoke bar, and I sang some Elvis Presley (Jailhouse Rock, which is by far my best), as well as Journey (Don't Stop Believing, with Jack and John - a bit out-of-tune, because I'm the only one in the group who can fake pitch-matching).

If I can find an instrumental and practice it a bit, I might even upload it to soundcloud or something. Better yet, I could learn to play it on the piano and sing along- like Lady Gaga or Sara Bareilles, I guess.

on a side note:

To clarify for readers (current and/or after this blog is no longer updating regularly):

When I said I found the museums to be uninteresting, I was referring to the fact that I hadn't gotten anything new out of visiting these new displays or installations or monuments. I've been to several such places in Texas and New York, too- it seems to me that the gist of all of these holocaust memorials is that:

- The holocaust was a bad thing.

I do not mean to discount a tragedy- but I don't get as much of an impact as I would expect others to get when they first hear about the holocaust. It's become less of a poignant experience and more of a brow-beating event.

I just sound like a terrible person.

No comments:

Post a Comment