Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2:

Crashed really hard last night. Woke up, got into actual bed, returned to sleep.

Spent a large amount of the day sightseeing.

Visited the Bundestag, got to see what the inside of the (publicly accessible) portion of the german parliament looked like.

Tomorrow (and for the rest of the week), I am going to pack lighter and remember to bring my umbrella; I was thoroughly soaked several times throughout the day.

Rain here is not like it is in Texas- it starts soft, gets terrible, and stays that way for more than five minutes.

Bleh.

All the walking today left me with a blister on my largest toe- it looks really gross (and I'll spare you any pictures), but I figure I'll baby it for a bit (and lance it if it becomes too bad) and hopefully get a callus or something to prevent this in the future.

Had a delicious arabic dish tonight. Potatoes, ground beef, stewed tomatoes.

Also, I finally got a german SIM card for my phone- not that I'll need to call many people, though.

Bis spaeter.

1 comment:

  1. From a hiker to you, drive a threaded needle a couple of times through the blister if it's large enough. The thread will keep the holes open and let the fluids come out. When it's empty, wrap it with a band aid or something, so the new skin heals well. Whatever you do, don't pull out the dead skin, that'll make your life hell.

    ReplyDelete